Why Join the Legion?
The Legion is Canada’s foremost Veteran support and community service organization. Join our legion and help us improve the lives of those who served. Support our communities, and remember the Fallen. Members have many benefits.
- An official Legion membership card and pin.
- A monthly member newsletter with the latest news and member opportunities.
- Thousands of deals and discounts from local and national retailers.
- Opportunities to participate in member sports, activities, and sweepstakes.
- A paid subscription to Legion Magazine.
- Volunteer opportunities through your Legion branch.
- Chances to add your voice to local and national Legion efforts.
- Exclusive member products at the Legion Poppy Store.
Ways to Join
There are two ways you can join
1. Online at the national website. Use your credit card to join the Dominion branch. They fill in the transfer form below and bring it to the Tara Legion.
2. Or apply directly. Download the Adobe Acrobat application form (linked below). Print it off, complete it, and drop it off at the bar. You can also email it as an attachment to our email address.
Did you know?
Membership to the Tara Legion is $55 annually and you don’t have to be a Veteran to join. Any Canadian citizen or citizen of an Allied nation who is 18 years of age or older is welcome to become a member of the Legion. Dues will increase to $60 after 1 December, and if you pay online will option 1 the dues are $60.
Types of Membership
There are four types of membership
1. Ordinary – Includes still serving and retired military, reservists, RCMP, police officers, Canadian Coast Guard, and others listed in the General By-Laws.
2. Associate – Includes parents, spouses, widows, widowers, children, grandchildren, siblings, nieces as well as nephews of a person who is or was eligible for Ordinary membership.
3. Affiliate (Voting) – Includes Canadian citizens or Commonwealth subjects from an Allied nation who support The Royal Canadian Legion’s aim and objectives and are not eligible for ordinary or associate membership.
4. Affiliate (Non-Voting) – Includes non-Canadian citizens or a non-Commonwealth subject from an Allied nation who support the Royal Canadian Legion’s aim and objectives.
Worldwide Membership Numbers
They speak for themselves
See how your membership can help you save
As part of the Legion’s MembershipPerks program, you and your family can save $1000s per year at local and national retailers.
Have you created your Membership Account at the Legion's Membership Services website?
If you haven’t yet, it’s very straightforward and will grant you further access to your account information, and make renewing your membership quick and easy. Click on the Learn More button below.
You have the option to pay for your membership by e-transfer, at the Branch, or by mailing your cheque to:
Tara Legion Branch 383
PO Box 319
Tara, ON, Canada
E-Transfer to: email@example.com
Learn how to set up your online account on the Legion Membership Services Website with these instructions.
2023 General Meeting Schedule
We are making it easier for you to schedule the General Meetings into your calendar. You may also download a PDF version so you can print it out.